1. Seal up any areas where air blows through into a crawl space, because pipes can freeze when the cold air has access to your pipes.
2. Open cabinet doors under faucets. The warmer air will help keep the pipes from freezing.
3. Check your heat tape. Make sure it is functioning properly.
4. Clear the areas around all appliance vents from snow and ice. Be sure to check them regularly based on snow removal, drifting, shoveling, plowing, etc... in those areas.
5. Open your faucet(s) so it is dripping. We do this because moving water is far less likely to freeze in your pipes.
Be a great neighbor.
Be one that checks in.
Be one that anticipates the need.
Be one who asks someone how their day has gone...and truly listens.
When neighborhoods are filled with that level of care, a community is transformed from a bunch of places where people live to a true community where we all serve one another.
It's in serving one another that relationships are formed, trust is developed, and a community can thrive. It's been an honor to try to be that for your family since 1973.
Creating comfort is our greatest joy! Be it in installing a furnace, repairing one, working on plumbing, or air conditioning...we don't take this wonderful opportunity to serve your family for granted. Thank you!
If you haven't had the opportunity to hear our whole story, you can read it here:
Getting into a new rhythm.
Not always easy.
One way to help take the challenge of getting more done is by planning ahead. Think about how that applies to your home, and the many different things you want to do this year in it. One of them is to schedule routine maintenance for many things in your home.
Grab that 2019 calendar and help yourself out by writing in a reminder to call and book maintenance for them well in advance of when you will need them.
Air conditioning units, furnaces, etc...
Create a 2019 with more peace of mind.
That sounds like a great way to start a new year.
And while you are at it, write this phone number on the calendar so you know how to get in touch with our team to schedule those AC & furnace maintenance needs you have...
Looking forward to talking with you, soon!
-The Gugino Plumbing, Heating, & Air Conditioning Team
Why A Blog?
Because we care about you. We'll post tips on how to care for & keep up with everything plumbing, heating, & air conditioning. We'll also share design ideas so that you can start game-planning the Kitchen or Bath of your dreams! And if you get stuck…we're here for you. Anytime. THANK YOU for your continued trust and confidence. It's our honor to serve you!