1. Seal up any areas where air blows through into a crawl space, because pipes can freeze when the cold air has access to your pipes.
2. Open cabinet doors under faucets. The warmer air will help keep the pipes from freezing.
3. Check your heat tape. Make sure it is functioning properly.
4. Clear the areas around all appliance vents from snow and ice. Be sure to check them regularly based on snow removal, drifting, shoveling, plowing, etc... in those areas.
5. Open your faucet(s) so it is dripping. We do this because moving water is far less likely to freeze in your pipes.
Three very good reasons to connect and protect your home.
Learn how our Nexia Home Intelligence products can help you do that.
Nexia Home Intelligence is the lights, camera, action portion of the program. You can have total control of your home, from the convenience of your smart phone or web-enabled tablet/computer!
It's that time of year again!
As the weather gets cooler, it will soon be time to turn on our furnaces and boilers again. Before you do...and dirt, dander, pollen and more is blown all over your home...
Give us a call (716-679-0080).
For a safer home and cleaner air, give our team @ Gugino Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning a call to schedule a seasonal home maintenance appointment. Duct cleaning, filter replacement, furnace service/repair, and other services will give you peace of mind for your family...including all of your adorable 4-legged friends!
KEEP APPLIANCE VENTS CLEAR OF SNOW AND ICE
Drifting snow may block appliance intake and exhaust vents, whatever the fuel source. If a vent is obstructed, the appliance may malfunction or create a potentially hazardous condition, such as a dangerous build-up of carbon monoxide. Keep vents clear of snow and ice.
(CLICK HERE for source.)
...INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME!
The beautiful 40 degree days.
And with snow in the forecast we bet that when you are done
looking like this guy from shoveling forever…
you'd like to come into a nice, warm home.
BUT…what if you haven't had your furnace checked
and that bad boy won't kick on
when you need it the most?
We'll be here for you…but we'd recommend you
schedule your furnace check-up today
so you have the peace of mind once that shoveling is all done!
You haven't replaced your furnace filter in how long?
New (Clean, Healthy, Breath Better) Furnace Filter
Why A Blog?
Because we care about you. We'll post tips on how to care for & keep up with everything plumbing, heating, & air conditioning. We'll also share design ideas so that you can start game-planning the Kitchen or Bath of your dreams! And if you get stuck…we're here for you. Anytime. THANK YOU for your continued trust and confidence. It's our honor to serve you!